Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March: magazine madness.

Well, hello, and thanks for checking out our psychology of women (POW) blogging project. Each month, we plan to look at and record our thoughts on different media. This month is magazine month. Erica, Moani, and I will each be picking two magazines to review; one "typical" women's magazine like Cosmo, Elle, or Glamour, and one that specifically shows positive images of women.

I never really knew that positive image magazines for women existed (except for Ms., but the price tag is a little steep), so I was excited to check out the list Erica discovered on the Love Your Body campaign website. I chose to review Bust. I got it for about $4 at Barnes & Noble, since I've never seen it in a supermarket check-out line. For my "regular" magazine, I'll be using Elle. Check back soon for reviews!

~Jennielee

No comments:

Post a Comment